Reunions & Events
TAKE A WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE
UAHS Virtual Open House
CLASS REUNIONS SUMMER 2021
If your graduation year ends in a 1 or a 6 it's your reunion year! Many class reunions that were planned for classes last summer (year ends in 0 or 5) may potentially also be held in 2021. Please check back from time to time for information on upcoming events.
CLASS OF 1950
Contact: Shirley Kelley
CLASS OF 1951
CLASS OF 1955
Contacts: Gavin Larrimer and Dave Parsons
The class of 1955 will be postponing their class reunion in 2020.
CLASS OF 1956
Contacts: Linda Dorff
CLASS OF 1960
Contacts: John Howe, Jim Turner, Bob Borel, Robert Hoge and others!
"The Class of 1960 has not cancelled it's 60th celebration. It is simply Postponed until July 2021 with all celebrations continued then." - Reunion Committee
CLASS OF 1961
Contacts: Ron Johnson
CLASS OF 1965
Contact: Gary Nack
Postponed until 2021
Your reunion committee,
Christy Finelly, Leslie Farr, Jack Graf, Gary Nack, Suzanne Senn Diehm, Don Stump
CLASS OF 1970
Contacts: Rod Ebright, Charlie Franklin,
Facebook: Upper Arlington High School Class of 1970
On Monday, April 27, your UAHS ’70 reunion committee had an online meeting and concluded that the best course of action is to postpone our big reunion celebration until the Fourth of July weekend of 2021.
Our rationale included:
• The City of Upper Arlington and the Upper Arlington Civic Association have not released any decisions about July 4 activities, something they typically do well before this date – raising speculation that cancellation/ postponement/significant changes are coming.
• Given the lack of certainty regarding public safety during this phase of the pandemic, the time remaining to do everything needed to safely organize and complete the tasks for our reunion (everything from meetings, float building, and so on) is insufficient.
• We don’t wish to risk the financial commitments required for venue down payments and expenses for reunion-related materials (party and float decorations, promotional expenses, etc.).
• Like it or not, we are in an age group that is more susceptible to catching the virus and we need to be wise about traveling, gathering, and all other situations created by this event.
• While holding our reunion later in the year was discussed, the possibility of this virus “rebounding” in the fall guided us to select the 2021 date.
Of course, we will update this information as we move forward.
Stay safe, be healthy, Go Bears!
CLASS OF 1975
Contact: Christian Laver
Facebook: UAHS Class of 75
UA75-45th class reunion that was scheduled to take place on July 2, 2020 at the Athletic Club of Columbus, has been cancelled due to the COVID19 virus.
This was not an easy decision, but given the current state-of-affairs, the reunion committee felt being overly cautious was the prudent thing to do.
The committee plans to reconvene in the coming months to see if a 46th reunion makes sense. We will keep you posted, as we know more. Until then, we wish you and your family good health!
~ UA75 Reunion Committee